Conversations about Freedom
DISCLAIMER: You do not have to read any of the books to join the discussion. Come as you are.
The Book Club will be hosting “Conversations About Freedom” in De Nieuwe Liefde. Freedom is a concept that is often sought after, but seldom understood.
In this conversation, we will be discussing freedom in various spaces and through different lenses. Freedom in friendship, love, sexuality, society, spirituality and more. We’ll also dive into what Freedom looks like to us in this age of information. Can we truly be free?
These books, among others, will be the backbone of our conversations:
- Selfie by Will Storr
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Ethical Slut by Janet W. Hardy
* For this collaboration The Book Club and De Nieuwe Liefde have created a unique conversation starter card deck. After the session you will receive this special deck to take home and continue the discussion.
Come by, join the conversation and share your ideas with The Book Club on the 21st of May!