Conversations about Feminity
DISCLAIMER: You do not have to read any of the books to join the discussion. Come as you are.
The Book Club has teamed up with De Nieuwe Liefde to host Conversations about Femininity in celebration of International Women’s Month.
Through meaningful conversation, we will interact with books that touch on the complexities of femininity. We will focus on topics such as ageism, dating, beauty standards, education, societal double standards, and more. The conversation will be hosted by Lola Popoola. Our host for this session is Kriticos, dreamer and founder of The Book Club.
These books, among others, will be the backbones of our conversations:
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Girl With The Louding Voice by Abi Daré
- All About Love by bell hooks
- Hood Feminism by Mikki Kendall
* For this collaboration The Book Club and De Nieuwe Liefde have created a unique conversation starter card deck. After the session you will receive this special deck to take home and continue the discussion.